This guide is for Council-At-Large Group Five (Jacksonville 2011).
The six candidates and their platforms:
1) Fred J. Engness (Republican)
- Business Management degree from the University of Maryland.
- Firm in his stance of "NOT increasing taxes."
- "Small business owner."
2) Donald R. Foy (NPA)
- President of MADDADS in Jacksonville.
- B.A. in Business Administration and a Masters in Ministry.
3) Sean Hall (Republican)
- National sales executive for Panasonic.
- B.A. from UNF.
- 14 year Army veteran.
- Graduate of Orange Park High School.
4) Robin Lumb (Republican)
- Lives in Riverside.
- Co-owner of a commercial printing company.
- No children.
- Two years of community college.
- Has been a longtime member of the Republican Party of Duval County.
- Support expanding port facilities as well as the Cecil Commerce Center.
- Will "fight for a statutory cap on spending with limits on spending increases that adjust only for inflation and population growth."
- Was a study committee member of JCCI's study called "Reducing Violence: A Community Response."
5) Robin Rukab (Republican)
- "Business owner."
- Employed in City Hall during the administration of four mayors.
- M.A. in Public Administration at UNF.
- Supports increased improvements to downtown Jacksonville.
- Was an Adjunct Professor at UNF.
- Strongly believes "that the city's Division of Consumer Affairs should be put back into place to help protect you from fraud, scams, and ripoffs."
6) Michelle Tappouni (Republican)
- "Grew up in Jacksonville and Tampa."
- "A University of Florida fan."
- General manager of Breaking Ground Contracting Company.