The three candidates and their platforms:
1) William Escoffery III.
- He is "no career politician."
- Physician with 40 years of experience.
- Attorney with Constitutional law training.
- Founder of The Medical Chiefs of Staff Coalition.
- Supports legislation to "roll-back the federal regulatory burden so that private enterprise can lead our nation back to prosperity."
- Against abortion.
- Believes Obama is a "radical Muslim sympathizer."
- Against government bail-outs.
- Opposes all restrictions on gun ownership (except by "certified, crazy people."
- "Absolutely opposed to amnesty for illegal aliens."
- Supports legal immigration and wants to require an English proficiency test for citizenship.
- Supports English as the official language of the U.S.
- "100% against the Obama Health-Care Plan."
- Advocates tort reform, use of Heath Savings Accounts, eliminating most federal government involvement in health care, private Medicare/Medicaid and allow importation of low-cost drugs.
2) William Billy Kogut.
- Opposes amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- Audit U.N. and Federal Reserve.
- Fair Tax proponent.
- Provide "all necessary funding" for the War against Global Terrorism.
- Support gun rights.
- Penalize employers of illegal immigrants to the point where it "would not profit them to hire them."
- Supports traditional marriage.
Video of Kogut.
3) Marco Rubio.
- Hire one civilian employee for every two that leave government.
- Use TARP funds to pay the debt.
- Cancel unspent stimulus funds which "could save nearly $300 billion."
- Ban all earmarks.
- Pass a Constitutional Amendment requiring Congress to balance the budget.
- Require any new federal tax to be approved only by a 2/3 vote of Congress.
- Supports proposals that "would allow individuals and businesses to check-off an amount, up to 10% of their tax bill, to be dedicated to retiring the national debt. Congress would have to match the amount."
- Freeze federal non-defense, non-veterans spending at 2008 levels.
- Give the president the line-item veto.
- Permanently extend the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts.
- Permanently end the death tax.
- Stop the Value Added Tax.
- Repeal "ObamaCare."
- Prevent a national energy tax.
- Oppose efforts to strip away workers' right to a secret ballot.
- Allow individuals to purchase health insurance across state lines.
- Incentivize the use of electronic medical records.
- Give individuals the same tax break given to businesses when they buy health insurance.
- Increase the number of Community Health Centers.
- Allow "patients to switch insurance coverage...without risking pre-existing condition exclusion."
"Rubio Calls for Federal Layoffs" article.
Rubio interview with Wolff Blitzer.