This guide is for Council-At-Large Group One (Jacksonville 2011).
The three candidates and their platforms:
1) Steve Burnett (NPA)
- Put numerous boxes of confidential information in a trash dumpster while working at Jackson Hewitt.
- Once said "government, in my opinion, doesn't do anything right."
- 20 year Navy veteran.
- Masters in Business Administration.
- "Has made biweekly payrolls for 15 years as a business owner."
2) Kimberly Daniels (Democrat)
- Born in Jacksonville.
- While in college she was a "member of the fastest female spring team in the nation."
- Army war veteran (Operation Desert Storm).
- Started her own ministry in 1992 and has "traveled to 20 countries as an international speaker, written 10 books, [and] founded two churches.
- Created two programs (one for ex-cons another for women with substance abuse issues) that have "touched the lives of many on the streets of Jacksonville."
- Masters Degree in Christian Education and a Doctorate Degree in Christian Counseling.
- Has 6 children; "two sons retired from the NFL."
- Regarding JEA: "The JEA is a public monopoly. Like all monopolies, it has no incentive to be efficient or profitable because it has no competition."
- Advocates new approaches to crime including "a border of checkpoints for cars entering a neighborhood which had experienced high rates of violent crime."
- "She and her husband live in a nearly half-million-dollar Northside home listed by the Property Appraiser's Office as her church's parsonage. Spoken Word Ministries, which is primarily controlled by Daniels and her family, also paid to install a swimming pool and screen enclosure on the property in 2008."
3) David A. Taylor (Republican)
- "Founder of David Taylor, P.A., a highly successful law firm in Jacksonville, and his primary field of practice is commercial litigation and adoptions."
- Vice President of David A. Taylor Air Conditioning and Heating, "owner and chief investigator of Moonlight Investigations," and "president of Nine Point Holding Company, Inc. a construction company in Jacksonville.
- Member of the NRA.
- Endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police and the International Association of Firefighters.
- "Has been the subject of repeated complaints to the Florida Bar, although he is still in good standing."