This guide is for Property Appraiser (Jacksonville - 2011)
The two candidates and their platforms:
1) Kurt Kraft (Democrat).
- Supports eight year term limits.
- 27 years experience as a Real Estate Appraiser for Duval County.
- B.A. in Business Administration from Kent University.
- "Played varsity football at Kent."
- Used to be a Republican.
2) Jim Overton (Republican).
- Has been the Duval County Property Appraiser from 2003-present.
- "Native of Jacksonville's Westside."
- Was a Jacksonville City Council member during the 1990's.
- Masters in Public Administration from the University of North Florida.
- Won the 2002 Hero Award from the Jacksonville Children's Commission.
- A "private pilot."